Tuesday, December 20, 2011

There. I said it.

I begin work as a pharmaceutical rep in about 3 weeks.

I haven't been full-time employed by someone other than me since 2002.

I will be gone from my family for two weeks next month, including being gone on Little Prince's birthday (Don't worry, I missed Daddy's Girl's 2nd birthday and she just told me tonight that I am the best mom in the whole world.  No emotional scarring.)

I am ready.

I'm not going to lie to you.

I get work clothes.  New work clothes.  (My old "work" clothes would be frowned upon by the establishment.)

I get to fly on a plane to my destination instead of ride in the mini-van with my torso contorted at 180 degrees as I reach for a dropped "blankie," book, bag of snacks or perform cirque du solie feats to get the DVD player to work while three little cherubs chant my name incessantly.

I will not be ordering for anyone of the child's menu, picking up said food from the floor or reminding anyone that they will not get anything else to eat until they finish.

I will get to have lots of conversations that don't begin with "We do not..." or "Where is your..." or "How many times have I..." and I will speak to other adults for longer than 15 second intervals.

It is two weeks of doing things I did (gasp) before kids!

It is going to be wonderful!

After the several years of feeling guilty if I went to McDonald's without carefully calculating how our family of 5 could eat for $2.99 or getting "mommy-time" in 2-hour coffee talk increments, I am getting to breathe.

I know after reading this far you have decided to unfollow and unfriend me.  Please read on.

It is for two weeks.  (OK, the month of January if you count the time I will be barricaded at the local university library during home study.)

My family will survive, and I will be a better mommy.

It's ok.

I love my children desperately.  Mr. Wonderful is my best friend.  Being a stay-at-home mom is a fantastic way to go.

But things are what they are, and it is time to see what this season brings.  (I am hoping it brings some really great restaurants in cities I have never visited before!)

I am not gonna try to predict how it is all going to pan out.  I guess I will just have to blog about it as it happens.

But it's gonna be ok.






No comments:

Post a Comment