Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Fabulous, the Famous, the Creamy Chicken & Rice Soup

Ok, this is soooooo good.  I wish I had a picture of it, but I don't.  It doesn't look really pretty anyway.  But it is really, really good.

Every time I make this soup, people ask for the recipe.   So here it is:

First the recipe as it was given to me by a sweet, wonderful friend

Step 1
2 boxes (32 oz. each) Swanson Low Sodium Chicken Broth
1 box long grain wild rice
Boil for 35 minutes

Step 2
1 stick  butter, melted
1/2 tsp. salt & pepper
1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
1/2 c. flour

Stir together and add to Step 1

Step 3

Add 1 pt half & half and 3 large cans of chicken (12 1/2 oz each)

Here is how I do it:

Boil chicken breast or whatever (you can use the caned chicken)

Let cool

Shred chicken

Pour (2) 32 oz boxes of chicken broth, 2 boxes of Uncle Bens Long Grain Wild Rice and the seasoning packets, 1 stick of butter, 1 pt of half & half and 1/2 cup of flour into a crock pot and cook on low for about 6 hours or high for about 3.

It ends up a delicious creamy, buttery, mushy mess and everyone loves it.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment